Are you planning on moving to another state? If so, is Connecticut your destination of choice? We at Long Distance USA Movers support you completely. Moving to Connecticut is always a great idea! So, if all you're looking for is someone reliable to help you relocate, you're in luck - you have just found highly professional Idaho movers who are at your disposal at anytime given.
Idaho's best moving company
Moving from Idaho to Connecticut with Long Distance USA Movers
However, you should keep in mind that an interstate relocation is not really a simple process. If this is your first time moving out of state, you might want to consider hiring a professional long distance movers to help you. Feel free to contact Long Distance USA Movers with any questions you might have. We can also help you to move your car to and from anywhere in the country with the aid of our affordable and convenient auto transport services.
Connecticut is the southernmost state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. It is bordered by Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York and Long Island Sound. Connecticut is bisected by Connecticut River, one of the major rivers in the U.S. and like many places in New England, Connecticut’s name is an Anglicized form of a Native American word, in this case a phrase that likely meant “upon the long river.” It's nickname is Constitution State because Connecticut played an important role in the development of federal government. Its capital city is Hartford, and its most populous city is Bridgeport. This great metropolitan area has more than 1.2 million residents. Connecticut became the 5th state on January 9th 1788. But, as one of the original thirteen colonies, Connecticut has been part of the U.S. since its earliest days.
Connecticut has the third-smallest land area in the United States, but has a relatively high population of more than 3.5 million. Much of Connecticut has a humid continental climate, with cold winters and hot, humid summers. The coastal portions have somewhat warmer winters and cooler summers than does the interior, and the northwestern uplands are high enough to have cooler and longer winters with heavier falls of snow. Occasionally hurricanes have caused flooding and other damage, particularly along the coastline. Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms sometimes occur in the Connecticut River valley.
Economy in Connecticut
The Connecticut state economy is highly diversified and the top 5 industries in Connecticut are:
- Insurance and Financial Services
- Healthcare and Bioscience
- Large-Scale Manufacturing
- Digital MediaTourism and
Do you think that there's a great job opportunity waiting for you in Connecticut? Now that you have reliable Idaho movers by your side, there's no need to wait, right?
Some Interesting Facts About Connecticut
- The first telephone book was published in New Haven in 1878 and had only 50 names.
- The oldest newspaper in U.S. still being published is the Hartford Courant. It has been published since 1764
- The USS Nautilus - the world's first nuclear powered submarine was built in Groton in 1954.
- Connecticut is home to the first hamburger (1895), Polaroid camera (1934), helicopter (1939), and color television (1948).
- Mary Dixon Kies of South Killingly was the first woman to receive a U.S. patent. She did so on May 5th, 1809, for a method of weaving straw with silk and thread to make hats.
Popular Tourist Attractions
- Lake Compounce: Anyone who is looking for fun things to do with kids will find Lake Compounce to be the perfect destination.
- Mystic Aquarium Here you will learn more and see more than you ever thought is possible, whether touching a ray, or feeling the splash of beluga whale or exploring the five most extreme habitats of ocean planet.
- Mystic Seaport Mystic Seaport is the nation’s leading maritime museum with the mission to inspire an enduring connection to the American maritime experience.
- Rocky Neck State Park The beautiful, gently sloping, soft sandy beach, picnic areas, train watching, diverse trail systems and salt marsh viewing platforms make this park ideal for families.
- Ski Sundown Whether you are an advanced, intermediate or beginner skier or boarder there are terrain to suit your needs and ability level. 100% snowmaking on every trail, excellent grooming and reliable conditions.
- Connecticut Science Center The Connecticut Science Center is dedicated to inspiring lifelong learning through interactive and innovative experiences that explore our changing world through science.
- Yale University Art Gallery The Gallery stimulates active learning about art and the creative process through research, teaching, and dialogue among communities of Yale students, faculty, artists, scholars, alumni, and the wider public.
There is much more to say about Connecticut, but we’d rather let you discover it yourself. Our long distance movers would just like to remind you to call Long Distance USA Movers to organize your relocation, because we are one of the best long distance movers in the country, so you should choose us to be your Idaho movers.
MAKE YOU MOVE SIMPLE WITH LONG DISTANCE USA MOVERS
We are dedicated to helping you relocate your car, office or home efficiently and with as little stress as possible.
We will assist you with packing, provide moving boxes and other moving supplies, help with unpacking, storage units for your belongings, as well as regular and enclosed auto transport.